Friday, August 14, 2015

Is it The Onion or is it Sprudge? Who knows? Who can tell the difference?



It's truly impossible to discern reporting from humor when your entire website is self-parodying, but the hipsters at Sprudge have certainly offered us coffee gold with this gem of a post. 

Pan-roasted coffee in Alaska on a bus makes at least as much sense as what's on offer from the site's better-known sponsors, but what I especially loved was the photo above. If my eyes don't deceive me that's gotta be Allegro Kenya Grand Cru (or is it Water Avenue whatever?) blended half-and-half with Peet's French Roast. 

Ebony and Ivory? 2nd wave-3rd wave coffee peace treaty? Surely this is what's next. I'll await the IPO and infusion of venture capital money (not to mention the "Black & Tan Nitro Cold Brew") with bated breath. 

1 comment:

  1. Boy, that would send me running far away. A shame if this illustration is to a real article. I've seen cast iron roasting done very skillfully by the wife of a friend of mine from Ethiopia when preparing coffee for the coffee ceremony. I've been meaning to try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete